This plan proposes the formation of a plan implementation committee who will also be responsible for participatory monitoring and evaluation. The proposed committee is composed of representatives from the lead institutions which were involved in the Participatory Forest Management Plan development and who play an active role in the forest management.
- 1. Kenya Forest Service – These are the legal owners of the forest reserve
- 2. Geothermal Development Company – They have signed an agreement with KFS to utilize the crater floor. They are the anchor partners to the CFA.
- 3. Nakuru County Government – They are to provide essential and critical services such as road infrastructure in the forest and its environs.
- 4. Ministry of Interior & Co-ordination of National Government – They need to provide security, mobilize community and conflict prevention and resolution.
- 5. The Academia’s the learning fraternity represented by Egerton University.
- 6. The Hoteliers who offer accommodation and Hospitality services to clients
- 7. Menengai Community Forest Association – Some members depend on the forest for their livelihood in form of firewood, grazing, bee keeping and ecotourism. They are the frontline custodians of the forest who need to protect the forest against destruction and fires.